As a member of our Analytics & Webapps team, you will strive to extract useful business insights from massive amounts of data by writing scripts and building tools to perform large-scale data analysis. We always keep the users at the center of our development, and start with challenges that our users and internal teams are facing. Your work begins with the brainstorming of solutions to these challenges, and continues through to the implementation of scalable, high-performance algorithms as well as the tools and services to monitor and manage them. Along the way, you will prototype different algorithms and technologies to find out which works best for our data. Increase your knowledge and keep up the high level of quality we strive for through reviews, pair programming and mentoring. Focus on a great user experience and use data from our users to make the app perfect!
What you'll be working on...
- Your work starts with the explorative analysis of data to identify what issues our users and internal teams are facing
- Together with the team, you’ll work on user-facing features of the app as well as internal tools to manage and visualize our data
- Use state-of-the-art technologies to deal with large amounts of data, including map-reduce-patterns, message-bus powered projections and machine learning algorithms
- Implement new algorithms in a scalable and highly performant fashion, and develop internal tools to manage the data we need
- For our internal team, you’ll design and implement reporting dashboards that track key business metrics and provide actionable insights
- Visualize our billions of data points to create live and actionable reports for our business customers
Skills, mindset and experiences exciting to us...
- Interested in apps, mobile technologies and mobile wallets, and feeling related to our mission
- Enjoy fast-paced startup environments and motivated by the idea to really push an area forward
- Well-organized working style with a lot of attention to detail, and the ability to show initiative and determination
- Data manipulation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Initial experience with web-based front-end technologies or interested in broadening your skills in that area
- Fluent in English and able to work with our teams to understand business and user requirements
- Able to start with a full-time internship for 1 to 3 months and then continue as a working student with 20h/week
- In one of the final semesters of your Bachelor, Master or PhD degree in a technical field (Computer Science, Informatics, Business Informatics, …), and would be interested in continuing in a full-time position
This and more is awaiting you...
- An energetic and motivated team in a product-focused culture
- An inspiring working atmosphere in a beautiful open office space with a spectacular view of the waterfront
- Excellent equipment of your choice and access to the best tools available
- Skill sharing, tech talks and internal hackathons
- Regular team lunches, fresh office snacks & drinks
- Enjoy a healthy lifestyle with our subsidized gym membership
Stocard is dedicated to creating a workplace for exceptionally talented and passionate people to thrive, no matter their background. We love to grow our team and we do believe that talent comes in every shape. Only the broadest talent possible can foster innovation and create the best product for our users. We embrace qualified individuals from all walks of life and are looking for people who help us shape our journey as the next step of theirs. Our team has a wide range of skills, so you can broaden your experience and go into related areas. We look at each applicant’s skills and interests individually to see how they would fit in the team, so feel free to apply and explore this with us. Talent and passion is what matters to us - so what’s yours?