Become our new Backend Engineer!
Full-time Mannheim, Germany
As our Backend Engineer you set the basis for the unique user experience in our app. You maintain and build up our backend – the backbone of our app used by millions of users around the globe. You’ll develop backend services as the foundation for existing and new features and make sure they run smoothly and reliably. You love to tackle challenges and can manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables? Focus on a unique user experience and leave your footprint to grow together with us!
What you'll be working on...
- Live and breathe DevOps by improving our infrastructure based on Terraform and Docker
- Actively shape the full life cycle of our products and bring in your creativity in knowledge exchanges as well as event storming and brainstorming sessions
- Make our backend resilient and scalable to millions of users by adopting our microservices swarm to an event driven architecture
- Discover the world of iOS and Android development, accelerate your creativity and push your comfort zone
Skills and experiences exciting us…
- A passion for mobile technologies and mobile wallets, feeling related to our vision
- Work or project-related experience in backend development
- Experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services) is a plus
- You know your way around software architecture patterns such as CQRS or hexagonal architecture
- Excited about domain-driven design
- Love for solving technical challenges with other talented engineers
- Degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- First contact with iOS or Android development (or strong motivation to work with it), experience with Docker is a plus
This and more is awaiting you…
- An energetic and motivated team in a product-focused culture
- Work from our awesome Stoffice (we offer relocation packages if you don't currently live here)
- An inspiring working atmosphere in a beautiful open office space with a spectacular view of the waterfront
- Excellent equipment of your choice and access to the best tools available
- Skill sharing, tech talks and internal hackathons
- Regular team lunches, fresh office snacks & drinks
- Enjoy a healthy lifestyle with our subsidized gym membership
Stocard is dedicated to creating a workplace for exceptionally talented and passionate people to thrive, no matter their background. We love to grow our team and we do believe that talent comes in every shape. Only the broadest talent possible can foster innovation and create the best product for our users. We embrace qualified individuals from all walks of life and are looking for people who help us shape our journey as the next step of theirs. Talent and passion is what matters to us - so what’s yours?