Become our new Backend Engineer!
Full-time Mannheim, Germany
With over 60 million users Stocard is one of the leading mobile wallets around the globe. We revolutionize how people shop, pay and access financial services.
As part of our Backend engineering team you set the basis for the unique user experience in our app. You maintain and build up our backend – the backbone of our app used by millions of users around the globe. You’ll develop backend services as the foundation for existing and new features and make sure they run smoothly and reliably. You love to tackle challenges and can manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables? Focus on a unique user experience and leave your footprint to grow together with us!
How you'll shape our journey
- Live and breathe DevOps by improving our infrastructure based on Terraform and Docker
- Actively shape the full life cycle of our products and bring in your creativity in knowledge exchanges as well as event storming and brainstorming sessions
- Make our backend resilient and scalable to millions of users by adopting our microservices swarm to an event driven architecture
- Discover the world of iOS and Android development, accelerate your creativity and push your comfort zone
What makes you a great fit
- A passion for mobile technologies and mobile wallets, feeling related to our vision
- Work or project-related experience in backend development
- Experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services) is a plus
- You know your way around software architecture patterns such as CQRS or hexagonal architecture
- Excited about domain-driven design
- Love for solving technical challenges with other talented engineers
- Degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- First contact with iOS or Android development (or strong motivation to work with it), experience with Docker is a plus
- One shared vision
- Personal growth and development
- Beautiful open office space with a spectacular view over Mannheim
- Flexibility and remote options
- Newest equipment, phone, laptop
- High developer-to-user ratio
- Conferences, Google I/O, WWDC, tech talks, and skills sharing
- Team events and trips
- Subsidized gym membership
- Good coffee, fresh fruits and snacks
- Visa, relocation and language class support
Stocard is dedicated to creating a workplace for exceptionally talented and passionate people to thrive, no matter their background. We love to grow our team and we do believe that talent comes in every shape. Only the broadest talent possible can foster innovation and create the best product for our users. We embrace qualified individuals from all walks of life and are looking for people who help us shape our journey as the next step of theirs. Talent and passion is what matters to us - so what’s yours?